Thursday, August 16, 2012

How to Make Marinated Tomatoes

My garden has become over grown with weeds this summer and I blame one thing: ME.  It's been so hot that I just haven't wanted to get out there and take care of it.  My tomatoes don't seem to be bothered by it, however, and I have had a surplus of them for the past month.  And I must say, they are a delicious treat to have.  I've been looking for ideas for how to use them and this is one I tried today after doing some research.  They were to die for.

Take 5 or so of your ripest tomatoes.  Rinse and slice them and then put them in a mixing bowl.  Top them with some olive oil (about 2 tbsp), some basil, parsley, oregano, sea salt and about a tbsp of minced garlic (use as much or as little as you desire).  Stir them up, cover with saran wrap and leave on your counter to marinate.  After a few hours, you'll have amazing tender, flavorful tomatoes.  Top with a little parmesan cheese and freshly grated pepper. 

Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10