Thursday, July 4, 2013

Beauty Buys on a Tiny Budget-All About Eyes


If you're on a tight budget like in my house, then you know how expensive makeup can be and how exciting it is to get new shadows and liners.  I don't have good eyelashes, and this has brought me to trying so many mascaras, I've lost track of them.  I'm also obsessed with liquid liner, so I've gone through my share of brands on that too.  Through my trial and error, I now use these brands, and the best part, they are all budget friendly.

1. I get asked a lot where I get my liner and you may be surprised to know, Avon is the place to get it!  I've tried a few of theirs and liked them all.  Like this one,  which is on sale for just $4.50!  They offer free shipping on any order of $30, so stock up and you can save on that.  Don't have an Avon contact?  Here's mine.

2. I recently discovered and fell in love with Star Crushed Minerals on Etsy.  Her products are great, and so affordable!  Order now and everything is 50% off, so you can pick up shadows for just $2.50! Be sure to check out the shop's Facebook page and give them a "like" so you see all the new items.

3. Once you get your awesome new mineral shadow, you'll need a brush.  Again, I go to Avon for this.  This is the one I have and its just $2.49 right now! If you're like me and somehow lose your makeup brushes frequently, you may want to buy a few a time since they're so affordable.

4. For mascara, I recently tried this one by Rimmel and loved it! I got mine at Wal-Mart for about $5, so I wasn't sure it would perform, since I felt a little like I was cheaping out.  To my surprise, it was fabulous and makes my lashes look full and long rather than, well, non-existent. 

The final product (kindly ignore my wet hair)



Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10