Saturday, November 23, 2013

Your Pins Tested! Sweet Hawaiian Crockpot Chicken

As promised, I am testing out pins and sharing them here.  There are so many, that choosing one really is a hard thing to do! This one, however, was an easy choice because it was quick to put together and I had all the ingredients on hand.  Oh, and in case you are wondering, it was so so so delicious and 3-year-old Atticus approved!

*feel free to send me pins you want me to test out!  You can also follow my pins with the link to the right




I don't know where this recipe originated from, but I found it from this pin. Of course, because it's something I always do, I changed a couple little things to make it suit my family, as you will see from the original recipe vs. mine.

What you'll need:
1 can pineapple chunks
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/3 c. soy sauce (I use a gluten free one, of course)
2 lbs chicken (I used three chicken breasts), cut into small pieces





Toss it all in the crockpot, on low, about 6-8 hours until the chicken comes apart easily with a fork. 

I wanted mine a little thicker, so about 20 minutes before I planned on eating, I added a little corn starch and stirred to thicken it up a bit.  It was so easy and so good!


Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10