Sunday, November 17, 2013

Your Pins Tested! Crock Pot Cream Cheese Chicken

I have been seeing many dreamy Pins on Pinterest lately, but end up (like I'm sure many of you do) just pinning them and never going back to try them. So, I have begun a mission of testing out your pins and boy and I am excited!

The first one I wanted to give a go at was this Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken, linked to the awesome blog The Larson Lingo.  This recipe had everything my house loves: its quick to prepare and easy, slightly resembles tacos, so I can tell my three year old he is eating his favorite meal-sorta-and I had most of the ingredients handy.  Did I mention how easy it was?

I followed the recipe found over at The Larson Lingo, but changed a few things to cater to my taste buds and what I had on hand.  The first thing I changed was the chicken I used.  I buy large packs of chicken breasts and divide it up in freezer bags with different marinades so I always have yummy chicken ready to toss in the crock-pot. For this recipe, I grabbed the one frozen marinaded in Caesar dressing. This was an excellent choice, because it gave the meal just the right amount of zing! 

You'll need:
2-3 chicken breasts (I used frozen)
1 package of cream cheese (I used a Greek yogurt kind and it was great)
1 can black beans
1 jar salsa (I used peach salsa)
1 package frozen corn (I also threw in some peas because I had some leftover in the fridge)

I put the crock-pot on high and threw it all in.  I left it alone for a few hours, stirred, and once the chicken started to shred, I knew it was close. Total, I'd say it took about 5 hours on high.  About 25 minutes before we ready to eat, I took the lid off so it would thicken a bit and then served it over jasmine rice, topped with cheese and sour cream.  It was so delicious! I am definitely making this one again.

2 comments

  1. Sounds wonderful and your picture is great but I am wondering what those off-white sticks are in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10