Saturday, September 1, 2012

Roasted Chick Peas

A few weeks ago I bought a couple cans of chick peas.  I wasn't quite sure what I was going to do with them, but I wanted to do something.  I started to research roasting them, and after my first handful, I couldn't understand why I hadn't done this sooner.  They were delicious!  Oddly enough, my two year old was obsessed with them which is great because they're a healthy treat.  They have iron too, which I'm terribly in need of, so that's an added bonus.  I used a recipe I found on this blog but made a couple changes to cater to my family's taste buds.

Here's what you need:
1 can of chick peas (15 oz)
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp coriander
1/4 tsp cloves
1/4 tsp salt (add more to taste, if you prefer more salt like I do)
1/8 tsp chili pepper
1/8 tsp paprika

What to do:
Drain and rinse the chick peas and combine all the ingredients in a bowl.  Mix them well to coat the chick peas.  Spray some oil (Pam, or whatever kind you have) on a baking sheet and spread the chick peas on it.  Put them into the preheated 400 degree oven for about a half hour, adding a little more time if you prefer them crunchy.  Be sure to turn them a couple times.  Enjoy!

Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10