Saturday, July 19, 2014

Gluten Free Shake n' Bake Chicken

Remember Shake n' Bake? So easy to throw together and so delicious. I wanted to try a gluten free version and this one came out amazing. So easy and quick to make and it makes a lot of the mixture so  you can store some for later.


I followed the recipe almost exact, only I used chili powder instead of cayenne and onion powder instead of flakes because it's what I had on hand.  Recipe taken directly from The Black Peppercorn.

  • 3 cups bread crumbs
  • ¼ cup vegetable oil
  • 1 tbsp salt
  • 1 tbsp dried onion flakes
  • 3 tsp paprika
  • 2 tsp sugar
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • ½ tsp cayenne pepper
  • ½ tsp dry parsley
  • ½ tsp dry basil
  • ½ tsp dry oregano
I let Atticus shake it up in a Ziplock bag and then baked on 400 for about 20 or so minutes. The mixture stayed on it great and it was moist and delish. Atticus enjoyed it too!







No comments:

Post a Comment