Thursday, April 24, 2014

Sorry I've Been Away. Here's a Coupon!

Hey there! You may have noticed that I've been away the past month.  We have just welcomed our baby girl, Ada June into the world, so things have been pretty crazy around here!


Now that (as my husband likes to say) we have increased our number of kids by 100%, and have TWO now, I have already learned a few things.  Of course, I'm going to share them with you:

1. I didn't know I could be so tired, and yet not fall asleep.  It is a miracle I'm not dozing off while walking around and going about my day.  Thank God for coffee.

2. It is amazing what friends and family do to help us new moms!  Our house has been filled with love, freezer meals, cleaning fairies, playmates for Atticus and of course snuggles for Ada.  Guys, my sister scrubbed my toilets and organized cloth diapers.  She took out garbage and mopped the floor.  All while watching  her two kids, plus helping out with mine.  It was the best.

3. I'm learning to cope with a messy house.  Now that my sister has gone back home to Maine, the mess is taking over again.  But you know, that's ok.  Toys are everywhere, but there is a smile on my son's face.  Laundry is in baskets everywhere, but at least its clean (most of it).  Dust is accumulating, but that's an easy fix.  Life is messy.  I need to be ok with that.

4. Remember those freezer meals I mentioned a minute ago?  Seriously, they are the best.  We have ziti, mac and cheese, chilis, soups, and more and it makes things so much easier when its meal time. Once things settle down, I plan on making it a weekly thing, filling my freezer.  Do you have meals you love to make and freeze? Please share!

5. I will look crazy for the foreseeable future.  I have bags under my eyes, crazy hair, probably a stain or two.  So don't be alarmed.  I'm a mom of two now.  

In other news, Crooked By Design was closed for a few weeks, but now we are back in action!  There are some new items and more to come. I sure hope you stop on my the shop and check it out!

 

Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10