Thursday, January 31, 2013

Easiest Hummus Recipe Ever

I've never made hummus before.  In fact, I don't even eat it much, but I recently decided that I wanted to make some.  Naturally, I consulted my Betty Crocker cookbook that has just about ever staple you could imagine.  This recipe took about 5 minutes to make and cost almost nothing. Also, hummus is a naturally gluten-free and dairy free!
 
Here's the recipe, including my changes, because I can't ever follow a recipe completely:
1 can chick peas
1/4 cup oil (olive or vegetable, I used vegetable because I had it handy)
1 clove garlic, cut in half (I used a teaspoon of minced garlic instead)
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp salt
Chopped fresh parsley (I used 1/2 tsp of dried)
Whatever you want for dipping
 
What to do:
Drain the chick peas and toss everything into a blender, or food processor.  I used the food processor.  Blend it all together, mixing it occasionally to get everything well blended.  Blend until creamy and enjoy!
 
A couple things about this:
I think you could reduce the garlic just a tad, because it is pretty powerful.  Also, the recipe says to garnish with parsley, but I just tossed it into the mix.  A great thing about this recipe is you can customize it so easily. Throw in some spices and create all sorts of yummy dips.  As always, if you happen to create a delightful creation, please share it, so I can make some too!
 

Post a Comment

© Chronicles of a Knaptime Knitter. Made with love by The Dutch Lady Designs.
01 09 10