Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Dare Say, Fall Has Arrived!!

Fall is my favorite time of year.  I think it is for most people.  This year, fall seems to be bringing an even busier schedule than the summer and I'm ready for it (I think)!  As we are getting into these amazing cool days and everyone is knee deep in the hustle and bustle of back to school, Halloween is probably on your mind.  Mine too.

We've been brainstorming ideas for costumes for my son.  Though this isn't his first Halloween, it will be his first time trick or treating and his costume has to be amazing.  Here's some of our ideas so far, in no particular order:
-The Lorax: we are dying to put a mustache on our kid.  My idea, though I haven't tested it yet, is to get a rectangle shaped piece or fuzzy orange fabric, cut a head space out of it and have him wear it like a poncho. The mustache and eye brows may be harder to make, so if you have any ideas, please send them my way.  The thing we like best about this idea, is my husband and I would get to dress up as Truffula Trees....yes!
-Woody/Cowboy: as part of his birthday present, my son got a Woody accessory set from the Disney store.  Pretty much the easiest costume we can do, since the rest is just clothes he already has.  Upside: so cute and easy.  Downside: he has been a cowboy before. 
-My sister had the best idea I've ever heard for a baby costume, and even though my son's too old for this one, I sure which we could do it.  My dad is a lobsterman, so naturally, my family is drawn to anything lobster.  My niece is 5 months old and is planning on being a lobster for Halloween.  Are you wondering where this gets good?  She's going to sit in a lobster pot, in her stroller.  Best costume ever. 

If you're looking for some cute trick or treat bags for your little one, I have some available in my Etsy Shop.  They are made for smaller treat seekers, but I can do larger, if you request one.  This is actually the second batch of these I've made, after the first ones sold out in a week! 
 
 
I also have some super cute (and cheap!) Halloween Bandannas for pups, toddler and kids, so be sure to check those out too!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment